Thursday, March 12, 2009

A big THANK YOU for Rhonda Nicholson.

Rhonda Nicholson is a Local 37 member working in the Moncton area. Several years ago, she started to produce a daily e-newsletter for active living. Every day, she distributes a newsletter that has an inspiring quotation, health tips, a healthy recipe and, to lighten things up, some cartoons. I don't know how many people receive her newsletter - I suspect it's a large list - because she sends it to anyone and everyone who wants it. I've been on her list for the last four or five years, and I can honestly say I look forward to getting my active living newsletter every day.

The remarkable, and noteworthy, thing is that the active living newsletter for today was Rhonda's 2000th newsletter! Imagine Rhonda's dedication in producing a newsletter, on her own time, day after day, 2000 times.

What I really like, is this is a great example of someone who decided to take matters into her own hands, to do something that without question has had a positive impact on the health of her co-workers. And she's doing it not for some kind of tangible personal reward, other than the desire to do something to help others.

In my books, Rhonda is an inspiration for all of us.

No comments: