Thursday, December 4, 2008

An e-mail from a former member who's been reading this blog.

A few days ago I received the following e-mail from a former member, Brad Legassie. Brad used to work at Coleson Cove, but left New Brunswick for an opportunity in Alberta. He ran across this blog, and decided to write to me. Take a look at what he says:

"Ross, I was surfing your IBEW 37 blog and was reading an article on welcoming new members to Local 37. It was refreshing to see such a positive reception and support of the new members being swore in.

As you know, I left NB Power a little over two years ago for another opportunity that arose. My pregnant wife and I made the long journey to Alberta to take advantage of the prospects that were presented. I arrived in Alberta and was immediately placed on a commissioning team where I was able to broaden my skills as an operator. After this, I was given the role of control room operator for the start up of the plant.

During this time, my wife gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby girl. We felt very blessed with this addition to our family. Her grandparents and my in-laws made frequent visits to see their first grandbaby.

As time passed, we started to recognize the value of family support and the resources that our daughter was missing out on being so far away from family. This November, we decided to sell our house in Alberta and start the transition back to New Brunswick. We felt that this would be of a great advantage to be closer to friends and family while our family continues to grow.

From our experiences while away from home, we have also come to further appreciate the support that was made available to us in our times of need while a member of the Local 37. This is especially true when you went above and beyond your duties while my little brother was diagnosed with cancer. This showed compassion and support that was greatly appreciated. (My brother has made it through his treatments and is now cancer free!)

Therefore; if there are any opportunities that may be available to former employees and former members of Local 37, I would be thankful for a chance to become part of this team once again. It would mean the world to our family to be involved in such a great organization. Should you want to further discuss any of this or just catch up, you can call me or contact me by way of email. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Brad Legassie"

No comments: